Subject: Re: Amiga <-> NT Filesharing Success!
From: David Warner <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 1996 17:16:44 -0500

On Sat, 27 Jan 1996 [email-masked] wrote:

> Dave, are you using the commercial TCP/IP software on the Amiga? Which
> version? And does NT include everything you need for networking on the PC
> side? Thanks!

I'm still using the AmiTCP4.0 demo that's out there (shame on me!) for 
the Amiga...WindowsNT and Win95 have everything built in for TCP/IP 
connections...just look under the Control Panel / Network area.  There 
are a number of documents around that go into details on setting up IP 
addresses and all that.

I'm also using Samba on the Amiga to allow the Alpha access to my Amiga 
drives...if I need to pull anything into the Amiga from the Alpha, I just 
use FTP.  (usually just rendered frames)

Wasn't someone from this list working on a LWPro article about networking 
machines together?  Was that Mike Harlock??  This is becoming a Frequently
Asked Question, so maybe it's time for someone to put together an FAQ??

                                     -David Warner
                                      [email-masked]
                                      http://www.albany.net/~dwarner